Friday, March 6, 2009

Favorite Ingredient Friday (Peanut Butter Pie)

Last weekend, I was watching Semi Homemade with Sandra Lee (who I think is fabulous for no other reason than she makes a cocktail on every episode)! She made a Peanut Butter Pie that one of her viewers sent her the recipe for. My husband drooled, so I decided to make it for him while he was at work. End result - a very easy and delicious pie and a very happy husband!

Peanut Butter Pie

  • Pre-made Oreo pie shell
  • 1 cup of powdered sugar
  • ½ cup of peanut butter
  • ¼ cup of milk
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • (8 ounce) container of cool whip, thawed
  • Magic Shell ice cream topping Directions: Mix all ingredients (except the cool whip) together in bowl until everything is well incorporated. Gradually fold in thawed cool whip. Pour into the pre-made pie shell. Freeze for about 10-15 minutes. Take out and take the Magic Shell topping and drizzle it over the top of the pie and stick it back in the fridge until time to serve.
  • Ok, so the recipe actually says to initially freeze for 2 hours, but seriously - it comes out the same as if you freeze it for 15 minutes. Once its in there for awhile - you can't even cut the damn thing!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum!

None of my people would eat this, but I can totally take it somewhere else ;)

Overwhelmed! said...

I've never made this before but I have eaten it. It's delicious! :)

Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope you'll join me again this Friday for my Side Dishes edition!