Monday, June 29, 2009

Mama's Meatloaf

The other day, I made a meatloaf for Darren and in true Morgan fashion - dropped a big 'ol slice of it on the floor.

In a move that would put Speedy Gonzales to shame, Coco was on that meatloaf just about the time that it hit the floor. My girl doesn't miss much, especially not food. I had to "shoo" her away, because it was so hot you could see the steam coming off of it.

Had Darren not been right there, I probably would have wiped it off and put it on his plate but since he was standing right in front of me, I grabbed a paper plate, scooped it up and cut it into little pieces. After a minute or two in the freezer to cool off, Coco enjoyed her Mama's Meatloaf.

I'm glad that someone appreciates me slaving over a hot stove, to provide for my family.

And she didn't put ketchup all over it.

And in true Darren form, when Coco got done with her meatloaf and was looking for more, Darren had to turn around and tease her with his. To be honest, there was a small part of me that was hoping he would drop his plate and she would get his too! Those boys! Always toying with a girl's emotions!

No comments: