Monday, August 31, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries - cleaned, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Is this not the saddest little face? It's almost like he knows something about his destiny!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Pork doesn't last long around this house - no matter what form it comes in!
I know this because this is Piggy's current (and final) state:
Her arms and legs have been busted open and all of the fuzz was pulled out, and her head has been ripped off and is still MIA.
Poor, poor Piggy!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced, divided
- ½ cup sliced green onions with tops, divided
- Cocktail bread slices or crackers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic; whisk until smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese, bacon, half of the tomato and half of the green onions to cream cheese mixture; mix well.
- Spoon into 8 x8 casserole dish.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining tomato and green onions.
Serve with cocktail bread slices or crackers, if desired.