Thursday, February 25, 2010

We're Moving!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and well over here. Well, I can at least say I’m alive. I haven’t been “well” this week. I managed to make it to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with a severe sinus infection and two ear infections! Yuck! I believe that the medicine is starting to do its thing and I am feeling some relief today. I’m hoping to be back to normal in the next couple of days, seeing as we’re moving! Yep, The Fountains have packed up and are movin’ to the country! Our “big move” is this weekend. We have tried to gradually move some things in to the new house over the last month, but have waited until this weekend to get all the big stuff and appliances over. In the meantime we’ve had the carpet cleaned and stretched, the propane tank filled, cable ordered and the electric turned on, so we’re in business. We are going to lease this house for a year or two, with the option to buy, if we are interested. It’s a one story, ~2,300 sq. ft. house that was built in 1994. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a dining room, large office with a separate entrance, a sunroom, walk in closets and pantry, a large kitchen with double ovens and a huge island and a large mud/laundry room. It has tons of storage space and lots of solid wood built ins. It also has a 3 car garage with its own storage closet, attic and half bath that all sit nicely on 2 acres. If we are interested, we would have the option to buy more land. But between you and me, I don’t know that our pocket book will allow it. Land is expensive around here and even at a discounted price of $15,000/acre; we might have to pass it up for lack of funds. Anyhow, we are super excited for this new adventure. This house is just a couple of miles down the road from the house that I grew up in. It will be about 35 extra miles each way, to work, but I think that the peace and quiet and the extra room will definitely be worth it. Coco is super excited about all the extra space to run and play. We have taken her out to the house twice, to help her get used to everything and let her run and sniff. She ran and ran and jumped and played, so we think that she will be right at home there. She’s a country girl at heart. We haven’t been up to much else these last few weeks – just trying to get things ready for the move. Wish us luck this weekend!

Coming up the driveway

Past the garage and up the circle drive

Front of the house
I’ll post an update and more pictures once we get in!

7 comments:

Heather said...

how exciting! you'll have to post a ton of pictures once you get settled. ephram and i have decided that the next house we buy will be bigger, have more garage space and will be on a bigger plot of land. but who knows when that will be.

~G~ said...

How exciting! The house is beautiful. I know you are so excited, and that kitchen sounds perfect for all of you gourmet cooking. Congratulations!

~G~ said...

How exciting! The house is beautiful. I know you are so excited, and that kitchen sounds perfect for all of you gourmet cooking. Congratulations!

Melissa Miller said...

Congrats to you Morgan!

I was wondering what was happening with you lately since you had not blogged in so long. I'm so happy for you. The home is truly gorgeous! LOVE the red brick.

I hope you are feeling better.
~Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

OHHHH I just love it!

I can't wait to come visit!

Melissa Miller said...

Morgan I saw a Target commercial last night during AI and they showed the most incredible and colorful dishes. They did have turquoise and so many other pretty colors. You should check them out! As soon as my hubby saw it he said "we definitly do not need anymore dishes". He!

Have a great day. ~Melissa :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, what a gorgeous home. Congrats!