Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday folks! It’s a dreary, gloomy day here in Southeast Texas. It’s been windy and raining all day and from what the weather man says, should be this way most of the week. Everyone’s moods seem to be mimicking the weather and all I want to do is take a nap! I hope that my energy level increases sometime soon or this is going to be a really unproductive week. I don’t have any pictures to update with. I finally unearthed my camera but apparently didn’t pack batteries in the same box and I can’t find any in the whole darn house and I forget to buy them every time I go to the store which has been exactly zero times since we moved into the new house. Except for that trip I made to CVS last week to pick up a lint roller and that totally doesn’t count as a shopping trip as I spent most of my time in the store, reading how Jake new Vienna was “the one” and other pertinent news stories. I was productive enough this weekend to run errands on Saturday with Darren which included various trips to hardware/home improvement stores while we tried to make a decision about what type of fence to put up for Coco. I don’t feel comfortable putting up one of those electrical doggie fences because she is so small and because that keeps her in but doesn’t keep other animals out and because shocking her every time she tries to “explore” seems really wrong to me. We are looking at wooden fences and metal “fabric” fences and all kinds of nonsense that I really don’t know anything about. I just want a little fence put up so that when she wants to lay out in the sun, I don’t have to stand out there and watch her laying in the grass. I want her to have some sense of freedom, but you know – in a caged in way, where she can’t go anywhere that hasn’t already been deemed appropriate by me – kind of like an outdoor prison. That sounds just lovely, doesn’t it? On a completely different note – we stopped by Sonic to get a drink on the way home from Lowe’s, because what is a trip into “town” without a Sonic drink? And you have to answer me this…why is it that I can never, ever even get close to finishing a Route 44 drink but I can finish a large without a problem? I mean, it’s getting to the point where it’s almost a challenge. I don’t want to go to bed until I finish it, which never happens but it’s not because I haven’t tried! As you can tell, we had a very exciting weekend! It’s not every day you get to write a post about electrocuting your dog and Sonic drinks! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Heather said...

why don't you go into town and visit sonic for breakfast? order a route 44 and you should be able to finish that bad boy off by dinner or bed time.

good luck picking out a fence. i understand what you mean by outdoor prison. although we have cats, they can watch anything outside through the big windows we have or by sitting in a smaller window that has the pane open but there's still a screen. if they go in the backyard, they have to wear a harness and leash.

Melissa Miller said...

I hope you find a neat fence for Coco soon Morgan. Show us more home photos. I'm so excited for you all!

~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think the same stinking thing every time we visit during happy hour.

I will give you grace for no pictures, we will just come visit instead.

It's nice to know your still over there :)

~c