Friday, October 29, 2010

They're Back!

Guess what? My ovens are back!! Woo hoo! I honestly didn't think I would miss them that much. I think it has something to do with the fact that its Fall and I love Fall and I love to bake this time of year. It's kind of hard to do without an oven!

The first thing I made the night they were re-installed were baked pork chops, scalloped potatoes and carrots.

The second thing I am making is this: Pumpkin Bread

  • 1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin puree
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 3 cups white sugar
  • 3½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1½ teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon ground cloves
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three loaf pans. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredientsi into the pumpkin mixture until blended. Pour into the prepared pans. Bake an for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

This is delicious and it makes enough to share with friends, family neighbors or co-workers. They'll all love you for it!

Happy Fall Y'all!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Mmmmm! That sounds so good!! I think Wes and I are going to come stay with you for the season!!

Barrow Family said...

Not only are you super creative... you are a good cook! You are like a dream lady! I am a failure at cooking :)! My kids and C LOVE pumpkin bread, but they aren't lucky enough to get the good stuff.. they get the boxed goods :)!