Thursday, November 11, 2010

Details

I've been finishing up some last minute things for the shower and making sure I have my list and am crossing things off as I gather them, so that I don't forget anything. While I'm packing up, I've been adding some last minute details to a few things...

I bought a package of red name tags for everyone at the shower. I went ahead and used the Rope font and pre-printed Bridgett's, the grandmothers, the great-grandmothers and all of the hostess'.

Since it's a western/country shower and should be cool out - we're serving chili and cornbread and all the fixings. I found a couple of little red buckets and bought some blue bandanas to line them with, to put the cornbread muffins in.

I bought 8 of these little pails and tied rafia bows on 4 of them. I'm going to put 2 (with bows) on the table with some peanuts and 2 more, with bows, will be filled with homemade western shaped mints.
The other 4 are going to be used on the food table, to put the sour cream, chives, shredded cheese and jalapenos in.
I'm bringing a big cast iron dutch oven that we are going to serve the chili out of.

I made my own little gift tags to put on the presents that D and I are giving her.

I was able to find some red bandana print paper and brown butcher paper bags to wrap some stuff up in. I put a rafia bow on it and added my little gift tag.

I was also able to find denim printed tissue paper, and some white gift bags to put some other stuff in. I tied them off with jute bows and added bandana print gift tags.

All of the gifts together - I think they will tie into the theme nicely.
Now, on to wrapping the hostess gift and making that third frame!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How many times do I have to tell you that you are creative?! You are one of the most creative people that I know!

Tamara said...

You should really consider a career as a party planner. I would SO hire you :-)