Thursday, December 9, 2010

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

D and I decided not to put a Christmas Tree up this year. Mainly because we are so darn busy that we won't even be home to see it. I mean, the only free time we have is this weekend and we have about a million things on our to-do list... grocery shopping, Christmas shopping, wrapping, etc. so we won't really be able to enjoy it then either.

Another reason is because I just have a small 4' Christmas tree (I somehow managed to accidentally give my big one away). So, I want a new tree but I don't really want to spend the money right now, so D told me just to wait and that when we start having children, he would buy me a new one and we'd start from scratch.

The very next day, my Ballard Designs catalog came in the mail and I saw this...

Christmas Tree perfection!
Isn't it gorgeous? I would love for my living room to look like that. I don't think it ever will. I would need a little more color. And then you'd have to add the mess D makes, and all the bugs that Coco brings in. I don't think it would be quite the same, do you? Happy Decorating!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

We usually get a real tree, but this year we didn't because Maverick is so small. So I put up the 3 foot tree that is usually in my classroom. Its ridiculous, there is only room for like 6 ornaments on it... And one strand of lights wraps around and around it.

Amanda said...

That tree is absolutely beautiful!! I want a tree with white lights. And, I think every home needs a Christmas tree! I hope you get your special tree next year!