Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tell Me About It Tuesday - My New Year's Resolution

I could sit here and say that my New Year's Resolution is to start going to the gym and watch what I eat and lose weight and while all of those are goals of mine, I'm not going to put that kind of pressure on me. Lord knows that pretty much everyone that sets that goal at the beginning of the year is already a loser by the end of January. And I don't mean losing weight! I'm going to keep those goals to myself, and I'll share something else that I'm hoping to get better at... taking pictures. Well, and sending cards. I used to be really good at both but as we get older and life gets busier, I've become a slacker on both accounts. I am going through the (few) pictures that I have of 2010 and I can't find any of D and I together. For the WHOLE year. How did that happen? I have some of Coco and NONE of us. That's just pathetic! So, I'm going to break out my camera more! Then, I want to send more cute cards for holidays. I used to send cards for everything - even Sweetest Day! Most people don't even know that's a holiday, much less when it is. I didn't even get all of my Christmas cards out this year. How sad is that? I went to Shutterfly and found all kinds of adorable cards! Take a look at some of them...

I really want to send out a New Year's card but a friend of mine thinks I'm crazy. What do y'all think? Is there pressure to have them out BEFORE the New Year or is the first or second week in January ok?

Valentine's Day

St. Patrick's Day - D is Irish afterall!
Easter

Halloween

Thanksgiving
Christmas Doesn't Shutterfly have some of the cutest little cards? I love their selection (and their price). Now I need another opinion of yours (honestly) - do you think it's stupid to send out these kinds of cards when we don't have children or do you think that's something I should wait for?
Can't wait to hear what you think!
What is your New Year's Resolution?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think sending out New Years cards is a cute idea and it's appropriate to receive a few weeks into the new year. I'm not sure about the other holidays though. I love receiving mail/cards from people, but it could get really expensive if you made a card for each holiday.

Amanda said...

I love the idea of the cards for every holiday, but I'm with Heather, it will get expensive. But, you know that I'll take pictures anytime that you want me too!

Barrow Family said...

I like your resolutions. I think the Valentines cards are my fav. I think my resolution might be to keep a cleaner car, but I know for sure there is no way that will happen, so what is the point of me even making it... I better think of something a little more obtainable. BTW- I am not going to lie.. frozen peppermint bark is my FAV! I have a thing for frozen candy- ask C.. he thinks it is weird.