Monday, August 22, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made these today and oh my goodness my kitchen smelled SO delicious! I decided that I needed to act as "quality control" so I ate a couple of the mini muffins and oh they are just as delicious as they smell. I decided to divide them up into freezer safe bags (12 mini muffins in one, and 6 regular muffins into 2 other bags) and freeze them so that we can have yummy treats when Denver arrives.

I ate two and then I made 2 snack bags of 5 muffins for D to take to work. Needless to say, he was a happy camper.

Here is the recipe, in case you want to try them:

Ingredients 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 3/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 egg 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used 2 bananas) 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Enjoy!

No comments: