Saturday, October 29, 2011

Denver's First Craft

I saw a picture online a couple of weeks ago of a little plaque that someone had made for Halloween. They made little ghosts out of their children's footprints. It was adorable and looked really easy so little D and I decided to make our own!

This is the plaque I saw online.
I got a small wooden plaque at Hobby Lobby for $1.47 and spray painted it black. Then I got some black paint, some white paint, and googly eyes to make our ghosts. I already had ribbon so we just got to work!
We got down to just our diaper so we didn't get paint on our clothes.
Then we painted his little feet and got ready to stamp! He did really well - he just pulled his feet back some so one footprint is a little faint while the other's toes look funny because mom was still trying to press down while he was already clearly done! :) I let everything dry, then glued on the eyes, then made mouths with some black paint & the end of a pencil and then I used my Silhouette machine to cut some green vinyl to add to it. Then I took some Halloween ribbon and glued it to a larger purple ribbon to create a border. I glued that to the back of the plaque to hang it. Then I added a little orange bow and a jack-o-lantern embellishment to the center of the bow and we were all done.
Isn't it cute? I'm really pleased with how it came out. I think the different "styles" of ghosts give it character and a story to tell (of how it was made).
And you can see a little more of the ribbon hanger here. I just love it! I think he did amazingly well on his first craft and only being 6 weeks old! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How precious! I think I will do turkey thumbs!!!!