This picture was taken almost a week ago. D and I could tell that I was growing (some) but it seemed like the day before Easter, I woke up and it kind of had happened overnight.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Saturday, April 23, 2011
4 years ago today my Dad passed away. It's been really hard to think about (and I've been thinking about him a lot lately). I so wish that he were here to see Denver and watch him grow. I know that he would be excited about another grandson. He just adored my nephew Matthew, during the short time that he got to spend with him.
Gosh, how I miss that man!
I know that he is smiling down on us and it watching out for us. I just hate that my children will never know him the way that I do.
My thoughts are with him today, and anyone who has ever lost a parent. For those of you that haven't - don't take them for granted. Spend as much time with them as you can! It will go by faster than you think!
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
I'm 19 weeks pregnant today! I have my 5 month check up next week. Can you believe it? The last time we had a Dr's appointment (a little over two weeks ago) everything was looking good. Denver's heartbeat was 147 and the Dr. was very pleased with the way that he is growing and the way that I'm doing.
Things have been pretty good with me other than my anxiety is back. I'm sleeping ok, but not great. I'm getting up a LOT during the night. Sometimes 7-8 times a night! Our mattress is firm and killing my back so I talked D into putting our air mattress on top of our regular mattress and I have to tell you - every time I walk in our room or get in bed, I just laugh. It's so ghetto, but so much more comfortable! Since he works nights and I work days, we are rarely in bed together at the same time, but we do get to sleep together Sunday nights (our favorite night of the week). We talk and cuddle and watch movies like we used to when we were on the same schedule. Sunday is when he put the air mattress on and I kid you not we laughed for a good 30 minutes. We were both afraid that we would fall off the bed, its so high now!
Anyhow, I know this munchkin is growing because he is the size of a mango now!
Here's what's up with him this week:
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells now coat his skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. You might actually see the vernix at birth, especially if he comes early. The placenta is continuing to grow and nourish him!
Monday, April 18, 2011
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
- 1 box frozen Puff Pastries (in frozen section, by pre-made pie crusts)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp prepared Basil Pesto (buy the kind in the square looking jar, it's usually on the very top shelf by the spaghetti sauce - it's way better than the other kinds (sorry, don't know brand but I think it has a red and gold label)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Now, because I'm not trying to sell you anything - I'm going to tell you how I do it instead of how they tell you to make these.
- You need the pastry to thaw out, just a little. Enough that the dough is pliable without tearing.
- Put down some parchment paper and flour it just a tad. Put a little flour on your fingers while you un-fold the pastry dough.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough.
- Now, I buy the tub of sour cream and then just take a spreader of some sort and spread cream cheese over the entire dough.
- Then I spoon out some of the pre-made pesto and smooth it out over all of the cream cheese.
- Then, I take the deli ham and lay it flatly over the pesto. I over lap some pieces so that you can't see pesto through the ham.
- Then, I take the tub of grated Parmesan (that you can find in the deli, not the kind in the green can), and sprinkle that (liberally) over all of the ham.
- Then, I roll it up (and use the parchment paper to cover it up, and then I put it in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. You don't have to do this, but it makes it a lot easier to cut without all the goop running out PLUS when you cut it into slices - the slices actually look like the picture, and they are pretty.
- Then, I put them on a baking stone or baking sheet and bake them for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown.
- I go ahead and make up both sheets of puff pastry like this, because everyone loves them!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
We finally decided that we wanted to announce the gender of Baby Fountain with a pinata. Easy enough, right? Wrong!
We went to Party City, Card & Party Factory, Fiesta, and searched a million places online. I finally found a pinata and ordered it last weekend. I wanted to make sure that it would be here in time, so I paid for 2 day shipping.
Then, for 2 days, I obsessively checked online and it said that my order was "processing". I called the store and they told me that their website was a bit out of date, but the item was backordered and they didn't know when it would be in stock again.
So, frantically I searched for another one without much luck. I finally decided that I either had to make one (I can't believe that this was even a plan), or come up with Plan Bee.
Thankfully, when I called a dear friend to complain about the situation, she suggested another party store that I hadn't even thought of. I found a bee pinata on their website, and called the store to make sure they had them in stock.
They told me they had about 4 in stock but that I couldn't purchase one over the phone or have one held for me (lovely, huh). So, she was getting off work early for the day so she offered to drive all the way down to the store (which isn't close) and pick it up for me, so that by the end of the work day - I would know if I needed another plan or not.
What great friends I have!
Guess what she got...
Yep! I am now in possession of a (kind of ugly) bee pinata and I think I'm the happiest momma-to-be ever! I can't wait to fill this thing and see the reactions of everyone when it busts open and literally throws our baby's gender in their faces! What a great party it will be!