Sunday, February 19, 2012

Spaghetti Spaghetti Squash Dinner

I've been trying more Pinterest recipes and have been really happy with some of the new ones.

I've told a few people about this one and thought I'd share it for those of you not on Pinterest.

Start with your oven on 350 degrees. Cut a Spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds - just like cleaning out the inside of a pumpkin. You want it good and clean. Then drizzle it with a little olive oil and bake (cut side down) for 35-40 minutes.



When you take it out of the oven, turn your oven up to 400 degrees.

This is what your squash will look like. Just scrape your fork across it to break it up.



This is what it starts looking like.



Then add your favorite spaghetti sauce and season with your favorite seasonings.

Top with meatballs (I used de-frosted frozen pre-made meatballs) and mozzarella cheese.



Slide it in the oven for 15 minutes.



And this is what it looks like when you get it out of the oven. It smells so good!!!



And this is what I fixed D for dinner. There was no way he could finish it all but he tried. He said it was his favorite way that I've prepared spaghetti squash and requested that I make it again!

Hope you make it & enjoy!

No comments: